HOW WE DO IT
Our two mobile units travel throughout the country hosting one and two-day mobile clinics. Each unit is made up of a driver, 3-4 nurses, and all the necessary supplies and equipment to conduct a medical clinic. On average, each mobile unit spends 18 days per month hosting clinics.
OUR MOBILE UNITS PROVIDE:
Copper IUD offers protection from unplanned pregnancy for up to 10 years
Jadelle Subdermal Implant offers protection from unplanned pregnancy for up to 5 years
Cervical Cancer Screening with same-day results and treatment of precancerous cells if detected
STIs Treatment same-day treatment for common sexually transmitted infections
By going mobile, we are able to reach some of the most remote communities. We bring our services to those hard to reach places, eliminating common barriers to accessing service, such as cost of transportation and lack of nearby health facilities.
As language is often a barrier, Guatemala is home to over 22 languages, our staff speak several of the most common Mayan languages and can provide information to and answer questions even for those who don’t speak Spanish.
THE IMPACT OF YOUR DONATION
Your donation will help fund WINGS’ two mobile units during 2017. Our goal next year is to bring our services to roughly 7,000 Guatemalan women, men, and youth through 300 mobile clinics in 13 departments of Guatemala. You can make that happen!
$10$20 with matching funds
- 1 woman receives a cervical cancer screening with same-day results and on-the-spot treatment if necessary
$30$60 with matching funds
- Cryotherapy treatment for 1 woman, should abnormal cells be detected during her cervical cancer exam
$100$200 with matching funds
- 3 women receive a copper IUD, providing up to 10 years of protection from unplanned pregnancy
$350$700 with matching funds
- 6 women receive a Jadelle subdermal implant, providing 5 years of protection from unplanned pregnancy
1-day Mobile Clinic
$1,000$2000 with matching funds
- Run a one-day Mobile Clinic providing services for up to 40 women from low-income, rural, indigenous communities
Remember, WINGS’ Board of Directors will match the first $15,000 worth of donations!
Donate now and make 2x the impact! $100 = $200, providing not 3, but 6 women with copper IUDs!